Part 1: Nutrition and Lifestyle
Welcome to Part 1 of the Fatigue Series. If you’ve missed the Introduction, you’ll find that here.
Today nutrition and lifestyle coach Amanda Daley talks to us about:
- adrenal fatigue: what it is, how our adrenal glands work, how they get overloaded and why you might not be able to slow down
- the symptoms of adrenal fatigue including: tired but wired, lowered immune system, low sex drive, bad memory, and decreased tolerance to stress which can lead to depression and anxiety
- her own story of adrenal fatigue, operating in a stressful working environment, struggling to keep up, experiencing digestive problems, and chronic low levels of tiredness
- the techniques that helped her to heal, particularly kinesiology and a clean detox diet.
If you’re suffering from fatigue, tiredness or exhaustion, clean eating is essential to support your adrenals.
Amanda advises to start by cutting the CRAP:
- Refined sugar
- Processed food (choosing instead good quality whole grains)
and crowding out with the following healthy foods:
- Green vegetables
- Avocado (personally I love a simple green smoothie of cucumber, coconut water and avocado to start the day)
- Good quality, grass fed animal protein for meat eaters
- Eggs for vegetarians and vegans being clear about how to supplement and combine foods correctly.
(Disclaimer: Of course you know that what you eat is your choice and responsibility. Please rely on your own intuition and understanding of your body’s needs when assessing this information and if you need support in determining what is right for you, please seek the advice of a professional.)
*** Amanda’s top lifestyle tip: Switch off the stress switch with joy and pleasure (tapping into our true nature as a female). You are a female energy system. It’s imperative that you come to recognise when you’re draining not just your adrenals but your whole feminine life force.