Welcome to the introduction to the Fatigue Series. In this video, I take you through my own experience with chronic fatigue and shares the strategies I used to heal.
Anyone who is experiencing any form of tiredness or exhaustion can benefit from this series. So please, if you know someone who would benefit from this information, do share it around!
Note: these strategies are ones I used to heal myself. Not everything will be relevant to you in your circumstances. I share them with the intention of providing information so that you can decide for yourself which will be most useful in your life right now. If you’re unsure where to begin, notice the ones that you’re particularly drawn to or intrigued by. They’ll be the ones for you at this time.
- Stopped working full time.
- Stopped everything (cancelled every commitment in my calendar).
- Learned to say no, to be ok with disappointing people and learned to put myself first.
- Made health my number 1 priority.
- Employed pratyahara: complete sense withdrawal (no stimulation in the form of TV, computers, phone, light, books or music).
- Removed all devices which emit an electromagnetic field.
- Sought help from supportive people and got comfortable with asking for help.
MEDIUM TERM STRATEGIES
- Yoga nidra
- Alternate nostril breathing (nadi shodana).
- Healing work (emotional, physical, mental and energetic): Journey work, Neuro-linguistic programming, Non-personal awareness, kinesiology, Ayurvedic treatment.
- Colour therapy and understanding the chakras (energetic centres in the body which relate to our emotional, physical, mental and spiritual health and well-being).
- Started the day slowly with a bath.
- Aromatherapy using essential oils (lavender and geranium to calm down, mandarin and black pepper to enliven).
LONG TERM STRATEGIES
- Changed work environment and way of working and asked myself the question; ‘What haven’t I been willing to look at?’
- Minimised or eliminated energy draining experiences.
- Moved into employment which didn’t compromise my authenticity.
Enjoy this video? Click here to view the rest of the series.
Series photo by Valeria C★Preisler