Visibility Audit for Business Owners
Building a business can involve a confusing mass of advice from different experts all wanting to draw your attention to the ‘next big thing that’ll skyrocket your business’.
The thing they don’t mention is that the core principles of business haven’t really changed that much for a long time; make something valuable and sell it to the people who want or need it.
The confusion comes in when you start diving into how to do that. Especially online.
It’s easy to be paralysed by choice. That’s why we created this audit. So you can work your way through a step by step process with ease.
From a visibility perspective, your business considerations can be simplified down to two key questions;
(i) Is my brand easy to understand?
(ii) Can people easily engage with it?
If you can answer yes to both of those things then you’re well on your way to building a really strong and sustainable brand. If not, then please forget about whether you should focus your time on Instagram or Snapchat, blogging, or live streaming and get back to basics first. Once you’ve done that and done it well, you can add all the bells and whistles you like to your business blueprint.
QUESTION ONE: Is my brand easy to understand?
Building a brand that’s easy to understand requires clarity and consistency. In other words, your brand story needs to be tight and right.
Here are the questions to ask yourself:
- Am I connected to my values and deeper purpose?
- Do I know who I want connect with?
- Do I have a clear message I’m sharing through my business?
- Do I have a coherent origin story that supports my core message?
- Have I clearly articulated the promise of my business?
- Is everything else consistent with steps 1-5 above (including my brand aesthetic and customer experience)?
QUESTION TWO: Can people easily engage with my brand?
After you’ve built yourself a brand and a business that’s easy to understand, the next thing to turn your mind to is connection and relationships.
Your brand can look amazing and your message can be on point, but if people can’t contact you or they don’t feel connected to you, they still won’t want to buy from you.
So in order to ensure you’re easy to engage with, in order to deepen your connection with your community, you want to consider the following:
- Do I know where I want to build those connections? (right place)
- Do I know how I want to manage my connections and relationships? (right relationship)
Before you explore those questions in detail, take a moment to do a quick review of how easy it is to engage with you. Look at your website and social media channels. If you were new to your site or social page, would it be clear:
- what the site or page is about
- who the site or page is for
- how to contact you via phone or email
- how to let you know they want to hear from you regularly (the most common method for this being to hand over your name and email address via an opt in form)
- how to follow you on your social media channels?
If yes, great! You’ve cleared the path for people to find you with ease. Now all you need to do is go out and let them know you exist. 😉
Free 18 page e-book
So that’s a quick overview of the key steps needed to make your brand visible and memorable.
How many were you able to tick off?
I’ve found over the years that I’ve done some really well and others, not so well. With each step there’s a good amount of detail to consider and visibility blocks to be aware of.
That’s why we created a free 18 page e-book for you. It takes you through the key steps in detail and supports you to easily apply them to your business.
Simply type your details below to gain immediate access to the free e-book.
I hope you find the audit useful and as you’d working through it, remember this; the world needs more women to step forward and lead.
It also needs many more businesses that are focused on creating positive change in the world. You can be a part of that movement. Many thousands of women have already stepped forward to change the world through the creation of an online business. I know you can do it too.